Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cast

cast

yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john Empty
PostSubject: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:05 am

??
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john Empty
PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:05 am

montreal has a couple good ones. one in particular that i can;'t remember. check out Paul's Boutique, it was closed when i tried but it's supposed to be tite.
what kind of music are you looking for
Back to top Go down
cast

cast

PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:07 am

hardcore, crust and post punk i guess
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:11 am

yeah paul's boutique is probably worth checking out, i've heard you can find good stuff there if you look. i think it's kind of like recordland but with better stuff in terms of punk/metal. can't remember the name of the main store i went to... lots of good hardcore/grind/metal/crust. adam will post it.
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:48 am

soundcentral is the 'punk/hc/metal' store for montreal. its pretty rad, lots of rare stuff locked up but for reasonable prices. found the original pressing of the disrupt - st ep which was cool. unusually high proportion of doom and stoner metal-oriented stuff.

paul's boutique is literally around the corner on st. laurent and is cool too, but you're gonna do some digging. there isn't much rhyme or rhythm to the place, there's no till or anything, just boxes and boxes of records. i guess i looked like i was done browsing cause this french dude wearing sunglasses inside the store danced up to me and asked me if i wanted to buy something, glanced at the one-eyed god prophecy lp in my hand and said $20, put it in his pocket and danced away. there was a suicidal tendencies st original and some other gems, worth checking for sure
Back to top Go down
cast

cast

PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:51 am

rad thanks guys.

i feel like halifax should have some sort of good store as well, but i havent found anything. maybe i should email the guys in contagium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john   yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john Empty

Back to top Go down

yo what record stores should i visit in montreal/quebec city/halifax/st john
Page 1 of 1