Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Warehouse/Underground closing.

Go down 
+8
neilgayass
LiamW.
gainingXground
the initiation
bricks
millenialreign
nasirjones
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Warehouse/Underground closing. Empty
PostSubject: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:09 pm

"Owners of venerable Calgary nightclub The Warehouse say the live music venue is now closed permanently.

Citing a dispute over the club's liquor license and troubles with its lease, owners posted a message on their Facebook site saying the club's days are over.

"With so many unanswered questions, resistance from every form of bureaucrat imaginable and a need for far more money than the club will ever have, The Warehouse has had to call it a day," the statement says.

In an industry notorious for short shelf lives, The Warehouse has become an institution for live music in the city. Recently, the club has hosted such bands as Mudhoney, The Hold Steady and Spiral Stairs."

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:49 pm

ETID and TUI is supposed to be there on March 21st... hopefully it doesn't get canceled.
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:07 pm

its too bad that there is not really any other alternatives other than then univeristy or the republik. if the show gets cancelled then we should just put tui on with local bands, maybe polar bear club too but fuck the other bands
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:15 pm

i don't mind the university, but i've never been to a show at republik. i could really care less if etid gets dropped because they are coming to warped. but i want to see tui so bad.
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:26 pm

the republik would be strictly 18+
Back to top Go down
bricks

bricks

Location : So many times we have waited on others to stand up for us and act on what we believe is so fucked and wrong with our generation. I know we are all so angry. I know I am so fucking angry

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Where am I going to rave?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:08 pm

The TUI show is at Republik now.
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 am

republik is a great layout for shows, and has really good sound.

for the most part, i've always hated the warehouse/underground cause of issues with their security. the warehouse always smelled like piss, and the underground bathrooms were fucking revolting. i guess they were better after the renos, didn't really matter though. only time i'm in the bathroom at shows is to buck a rail.

still sucks, they had good sound and it was one of the only decent venues we had in this city. oh well.
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

I've never been to Republik, does it have a stage without a barrier?
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

yeah logan it does.

also, republik is sweet because it has a back entrance i can go in so i don't have climb up 6 million stairs to get into the show.
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 pm

nasirjones wrote:
yeah logan it does. .

stagedives cheers
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:23 am

the most triumphant emoticon, logan. it isn't a big stage though. big enough for dives none the less.

i don't see why the republik would be strictly 18+...i mean the warehouse was a private club and it still had all ages shows
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 am

because it's a bar, it's not a venue that can be rented for all ages shows. simple as that. they want to make money off people drinking, not a few bucks off renting the venue out.
Back to top Go down
neilgayass

neilgayass

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm

I have heard rumors of all ages going either way
but last I checked the website said all ages
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 pm

if i had to take a guess i'd say the back room/bar will be open for people who are of age to drink
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
neilgayass

neilgayass

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:58 pm

yeah actually there are like sixteen bars in that place and ninety nine dancefloors aside from the main ones
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 am

i dunno.. i have at ticker for a show their in april, and it's definitely 18+. dunno about the tui show, wont be there.
Back to top Go down
Their is Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 am

i remmeber when i saw too pure to die with missigs at the warehouse,/ sad to see it go
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 am

Their is Hope wrote:
i remmeber when i saw too pure to die with missigs at the warehouse,/ sad to see it go
that was a lot of fun
Back to top Go down
warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:10 pm

etid/tui will be at the republik. it is all ages.
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 pm

could not give less of a fuck about the warehouse, but i had a lot of good memories from the underground... being in junior high and sneaking in to see rum runner for my second local show ever. best
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Laughing called it.
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm

RATKING666 wrote:
could not give less of a fuck about the warehouse, but i had a lot of good memories from the underground... being in junior high and sneaking in to see rum runner for my second local show ever. best
knucklehead show when iris got her face smashed in lol
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
RATKING666 wrote:
oh my gawd...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOES IN THE CLINIC

best time i ever had there is a tie between the youth unit show, or whiz kidz/defect defect
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:37 am

RATKING666 wrote:
WINDOFPAIN wrote:
RATKING666 wrote:
oh my gawd...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOES IN THE CLINIC

best time i ever had there is a tie between the youth unit show, or whiz kidz/defect defect
that whiz kids show was great. didnt defect defect do a descendents cover? im not a loser maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warehouse/Underground closing.   The Warehouse/Underground closing. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Warehouse/Underground closing.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alberta Hardcore :: ALBERTA HARDCORE :: THE DEN-
Jump to: