Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE

Go down 
+16
ChrisW
Jeff
xTRUEx
LiamW.
cast
dereckb
Marty
xBATTLESHIPx
spiritmob
Riddle
the initiation
gainingXground
RATKING666
nasirjones
ACAB
millenialreign
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RATKING666

RATKING666

SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:36 am

i'm cool with it existing or whatever, as long as its kept in its little bubble somewhere out of sight. unless its dry-rot, but until you're a christian who makes music that incredibly fucked up and janky and depraved i don't wanna hear it.

aren't bad holy terror ripoff bands and upside-down crosses and satanic woodcutting images all the rage in hc right now?
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 am

RATKING666 wrote:

aren't bad holy terror ripoff bands and upside-down crosses and satanic woodcutting images all the rage in hc right now?

see this is what im saying. im not sure why its totally cool to rock upside down crosses and god free youth shit but its NOT okay for a band to have their beliefs in the open because theyre christian. its just so hypocritical. christianity is most definitely not for me and the vast majority of christian hardcore is pretty lame, but this band is on tour just like any other band would be so im not sure what the deal is. you are not required to attend this show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:11 am

millenialreign wrote:
ACAB wrote:
Riddle wrote:
ACAB wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice..

Would you prefer "lol" , kiddie?

Fuck christian hardcore/punk it's more of an oxymoron than anything. But hey, maybe I'm just a purist.
i would think the word prejudice would be a more suiting term over "purist"
im doing a show for touring bands, the same i would for most other touring bands.
what about other bands involved with other religions such as the cro mags, or 108, shelter, integrity, youth of today, one king down, the list goes on... all relevant and important to the progression of hardcore

sorry skinny i like you but this is not a good argument lol. i'm trying to stay impartial here. integrity follows an inside joke between dwids friends that a-type bridge nine type kids take way too seriously and need to get off the dick of. shelter is in no way in important band what so ever and one king down was never relevant even though they provided some ignorantly heavy jams. members of all of those bands beside 108 seem to consist of some of least smart members to grace hardcore next to vinny stigma. so that's what i'm getting at basically.

i don't really care about christians playing hardcore. just keep your bullshit out of my hardcore.

anyways.. sup mitch
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:14 am

the only religion acceptable in hardcore is the word of jah. praise be no funckin' homo.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 pm

spiritmob wrote:
millenialreign wrote:
ACAB wrote:
Riddle wrote:
ACAB wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice..

Fuck christian hardcore/punk it's more of an oxymoron than anything. But hey, maybe I'm just a purist.
im doing a show for touring bands, the same i would for most other touring bands.
what about other bands involved with other religions such as the cro mags, or 108, shelter, integrity, youth of today, one king down, the list goes on... all relevant and important to the progression of hardcore

sorry skinny i like you but this is not a good argument lol. i'm trying to stay impartial here. integrity follows an inside joke between dwids friends that a-type bridge nine type kids take way too seriously and need to get off the dick of. shelter is in no way in important band what so ever and one king down was never relevant even though they provided some ignorantly heavy jams. members of all of those bands beside 108 seem to consist of some of least smart members to grace hardcore next to vinny stigma. so that's what i'm getting at basically.

i don't really care about christians playing hardcore. just keep your bullshit out of my hardcore.

anyways.. sup mitch

I'm not sure you understood what he was saying by mentioning all the bands with various world views. That is, he was pointing out that we accept these influential bands so why would we reject another band for singing (very discretely for that matter) about their ideas and world view. Of course with some obvious exceptions, but form what i can tell, most Christian bands, the one on the bill included, mostly sing lyrics that could be interchangeable with a sappy love song for a girlfriend or some vague indecipherable song about love. Point being; not very threatening..
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 am

Marty wrote:
spiritmob wrote:
millenialreign wrote:
ACAB wrote:
Riddle wrote:
ACAB wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice..

anyways.. sup mitch

I'm not sure you understood what he was saying by mentioning all the bands with various world views. That is, he was pointing out that we accept these influential bands so why would we reject another band for singing (very discretely for that matter) about their ideas and world view. Of course with some obvious exceptions, but form what i can tell, most Christian bands, the one on the bill included, mostly sing lyrics that could be interchangeable with a sappy love song for a girlfriend or some vague indecipherable song about love. Point being; not very threatening..

I'm not sure if you understood what I was getting at. I was saying those are not good examples. Most people don't except Youth Of Today cuz Raghunath himself follows Hare Krishna. People accept Youth Of Today cuz they wrote quality cuts. Name a christian hardcore that can cut as hard as yot and i'll give it a fair shot. Also I in no way accept Shelter or One King Down. Don't spread that around. I have a reputation to maintain. I listen to bands with openly christian members and I could careless as long as they don't drag their music through that shit. Christian hardcore as a genre is some of the worst shit in existence and I think we can all agree on that.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 am

spiritmob wrote:
Marty wrote:
spiritmob wrote:
millenialreign wrote:
ACAB wrote:
Riddle wrote:
ACAB wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice..

anyways.. sup mitch

I'm not sure if you understood what I was getting at. I was saying those are not good examples. Most people don't except Youth Of Today cuz Raghunath himself follows Hare Krishna. People accept Youth Of Today cuz they wrote quality cuts. Name a christian hardcore that can cut as hard as yot and i'll give it a fair shot. Also I in no way accept Shelter or One King Down. Don't spread that around. I have a reputation to maintain. I listen to bands with openly christian members and I could careless as long as they don't drag their music through that shit. Christian hardcore as a genre is some of the worst shit in existence and I think we can all agree on that.

The point is that whether on not you agree with Shelter on their beliefs there still is the liberty of ideas. Even with bands like Integrity even though i think a lot of the holy terror thing is kind of a joke. It seems to me that skinny was saying despite the different beliefs of these bands we still get into their music.

Also I think Disciple is awesome but your right there's not a lot to choose from in that sub-sub-genre
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:37 am

Marty wrote:
spiritmob wrote:
Marty wrote:
spiritmob wrote:
millenialreign wrote:
ACAB wrote:
Riddle wrote:
ACAB wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice..

anyways.. sup mitch

The point is that whether on not you agree with Shelter on their beliefs there still is the liberty of ideas. Even with bands like Integrity even though i think a lot of the holy terror thing is kind of a joke. It seems to me that skinny was saying despite the different beliefs of these bands we still get into their music.

Also I think Disciple is awesome but your right there's not a lot to choose from in that sub-sub-genre

I know his point and i agree with it to an extent. I was just saying I don't agree with his delivery. I also don't agree with Shelter at all especially not musically. I don't Ray and Porcell should have been allowed to express anything whatsoever past we're not in this alone with the only exceptions being the Ray and Porcell 7" (that shit is hilarious) and the first Better Then A Thousand record.
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 am

i bet u fagots havemnt even heard early zao
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 am

xBATTLESHIPx wrote:
i bet u fagots havemnt even heard zouo

SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 Zouo_front

worship the fucking goat
Back to top Go down
cast

cast

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 am

spiritmob wrote:
xBATTLESHIPx wrote:
i bet u fagots havemnt even heard zouo

SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 Zouo_front

worship the fucking goat

fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 am

RATKING666 wrote:

yep. it's pretty hypocritical and lame, especially since most holy terror bands affiliate with the progress church, which does recognize christian aspects and practice some, as well as satanic...
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm

...Through all of this "blah de blah blah blah"'ing, the only thing I keep thinking of is "since when the fuck is One King Down a Christian band?!?"

Sure, there's the God Loves, Man Kills album... but there isn't even any hint of religious undertones aside from the title track (which, I'm pretty sure is used in a tongue-in-cheek manner, like the X-Men story of the same name where Reverend Stryker is the "man of God" using his influence to destroy a marginalized group of people... but anyway...) EVERYthing else they recorded was with Rob Fusco singing, and he's vehemently anti-Christian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtruexrecords.com
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 pm

LiamW. wrote:
RATKING666 wrote:

yep. it's pretty hypocritical and lame, especially since most holy terror bands affiliate with the progress church, which does recognize christian aspects and practice some, as well as satanic...
I agree with you Liam 100%. It bothers me that kids will jock this shit with out having a single clue what its all about and over night think that they are so "cVlt". If you like the music then support it but dont claim to be a processean if your not. Dont get me wrong I also love and jock the shit out of integrity and most of the other bands that affiliate them selves with the "holy terror" sound but in saying this I also support/follow most of the teachings of ATWA and The Process church of the Final Judgment even though this "secular organization" has been declared obsolete for almost 20 years(the process that is). Its just become so irritating to me that people are blindly repping the process logo with only knowing that it looks edgy/ "cVlt" or what they may have read off of a wikipedia page. If your jocking it because a band you really like use the imagery thats fine if you want to know more then do your research and talk to people but please dont claim to be a "holy terrorist" or something that you are NOT. Especially when you have no fucking clue

bottom line: Integrity and Gehenna were fucking amazing last weekend. and good music is good music
Back to top Go down
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Jeff wrote:
LiamW. wrote:
RATKING666 wrote:

I agree with you Liam 100%. It bothers me that kids will jock this shit with out having a single clue what its all about and over night think that they are so "cVlt". If you like the music then support it but dont claim to be a processean if your not. Dont get me wrong I also love and jock the shit out of integrity and most of the other bands that affiliate them selves with the "holy terror" sound but in saying this I also support/follow most of the teachings of ATWA and The Process church of the Final Judgment even though this "secular organization" has been declared obsolete for almost 20 years(the process that is). Its just become so irritating to me that people are blindly repping the process logo with only knowing that it looks edgy/ "cVlt" or what they may have read off of a wikipedia page. If your jocking it because a band you really like use the imagery thats fine if you want to know more then do your research and talk to people but please dont claim to be a "holy terrorist" or something that you are NOT. Especially when you have no fucking clue

bottom line: Integrity and Gehenna were fucking amazing last weekend. and good music is good music
these are my opinons and everyone is entitled to there own. Please take this argument elsewhere ie. make a new thread or go talk to someone and get off your fucking computer
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Anyways this thread was aimed to let those who are interested about a show that is happening. Not to reflect my views, or anyone elses, in any way other than to show support for touring bands regardless of inspiration or message.
In closing if you want to come do it, if you don't, do something else
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:56 am

LiamW. wrote:
for fucks sake, everyone get over hating on christian hardcore. just let it go. it exists, and people will fucking believe what they believe, whatever the belief is. isn't hardcore supposed to be open minded? shove your immaturity and intolerance. it's people like this who ruin hardcore for everyone.

word

This show will be fun. Really excited for this.
Back to top Go down
Riddle

Riddle

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 am

Jeff wrote:
Jeff wrote:
LiamW. wrote:
RATKING666 wrote:

these are my opinons and everyone is entitled to there own. Please take this argument elsewhere ie. make a new thread or go talk to someone and get off your fucking computer

I just love integrity and gahenna.
Back to top Go down
Deadbeat

Deadbeat

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:43 am

You can be a christian and not support the church and not be an uptight, pro-life, creationist douchebag. You can be christian and make fuckin ripping tunes just as an atheist band can suck 50 dongs/minute and vice versa.

People put different levels of emphasis on the music vs the message. Some people can look past the fact that a band has an opposing viewpoint and just enjoy the music while others cannot. And at the same time others will worship unoriginal and overall terrible bands if they agree with the message and shun a group who's doing something new and interesting if they dont agree with what's being said. Musical taste is subjective and different people can take completely different things away from the same song, deal with it. If everyone agreed on what was awesome, music would suck balls and be boring as fuck.

Back to the point of the post though. I havent heard these bands before but I might go to the show just to see something new.

/drunkrant

ps: it's spelled Kvlt
Back to top Go down
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Deadbeat wrote:
You can be a christian and not support the church and not be an uptight, pro-life, creationist douchebag. You can be christian and make fuckin ripping tunes just as an atheist band can suck 50 dongs/minute and vice versa.

People put different levels of emphasis on the music vs the message. Some people can look past the fact that a band has an opposing viewpoint and just enjoy the music while others cannot. And at the same time others will worship unoriginal and overall terrible bands if they agree with the message and shun a group who's doing something new and interesting if they dont agree with what's being said. Musical taste is subjective and different people can take completely different things away from the same song, deal with it. If everyone agreed on what was awesome, music would suck balls and be boring as fuck.

Back to the point of the post though. I havent heard these bands before but I might go to the show just to see something new.

/drunkrant

ps: it's spelled Kvlt

I think the irony of my intentional spelling error has escaped you
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Why not go to the show and see what they are all about. Have a convo with the bands and see how the present themselves live. Worst case you might have a good time. I think a band is entitled to sing a song about how christian they are just the same as I am entilted to sing a song about how un-christian I am. At the end of the day it is about the music and how they present their ideas.
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:47 pm

PS is there a facebook event for this?
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Lamb of Todd wrote:
PS is there a facebook event for this?
I haven't had a moment to put it up yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Show poster activated.
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 am

secret rivals are not playing this show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE   SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEPTEMBER 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SIGNS OF HOPE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next