Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Macs don't get viruses"

Go down 
+2
Marty
gainingXground
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

"Macs don't get viruses" Empty
PostSubject: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Even though I use a Mac, hearing people say they are some impenetrable safe that is completely immune to any form of attack because of the great power of Steve Jobbs and the Mac OSX kind of bothers me, so I figured I should post this.

Security: Mac Vs. PC - What the experts have to say.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Less susceptible but not immune. Overtime there will be more viruses for macs.. I remember numerous ignorant employees at the mac store telling me i didn't need anti virus protection. Regardless I use avast.
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

while we're on the subject of macs, do you think it's the fact ihave a mac that makes me unable to download my school assignments from the site they post their homework on? i've tried it on a couple different macs and it always just stops downloading in the middle of it and just disappears from the downloads box. i would do it at school, but last time i tried downloading and printing my homework, it never printed and the printers (you have to pay for each page you print out) ate my money. lbgrjkbgrejbk rant rant rant.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:45 pm

forgetter wrote:
while we're on the subject of macs, do you think it's the fact ihave a mac that makes me unable to download my school assignments from the site they post their homework on? i've tried it on a couple different macs and it always just stops downloading in the middle of it and just disappears from the downloads box. i would do it at school, but last time i tried downloading and printing my homework, it never printed and the printers (you have to pay for each page you print out) ate my money. lbgrjkbgrejbk rant rant rant.
mine works. i assume youre talking about blackboard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 pm

It depends. I go to UofC, use a mac and everything on blackboard works fine. Everything there is pretty mac friendly but I'd need to know specifics in order to help you.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 pm

marty wrote:
It depends. I go to UofC, use a mac and everything on blackboard works fine. Everything there is pretty mac friendly but I'd need to know specifics in order to help you.
liam goes to mount royal with me. i use my mac every day and ive never had problems. so i have no idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 am

i wish i had a pc just so i could play diablo 2 Sad
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 am

lubear69 wrote:
i wish i had a pc just so i could play diablo 2 Sad

Partition your harddrive and install windows XP on one of the partitions, as long as you have an intel based mac that should do the trick.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 am

thats like "bootcamp"ing it right? I would but i only have 500 mb of ram and like 7 gb of hardrive left sooooo yah ill just invest in a pc when the money comes in.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 am

Blizzard games are compatible with macs!! I should start up d2 again.. we could do a lot of rushing if ppl were down.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 am

Sorry maybe not all blizzard games but D2 sure is.

Check it.
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

my mac works fine with blackboard too liam
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:50 pm

marty wrote:
Blizzard games are compatible with macs!! I should start up d2 again.. we could do a lot of rushing if ppl were down.

THANK YOU holy fuck, didnt even know it was compatible. good bye world
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Macs don't get viruses"   "Macs don't get viruses" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Macs don't get viruses"
Page 1 of 1