Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...

Go down 
+3
gainingXground
LiamW.
ChrisW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisW

ChrisW

Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... Empty
PostSubject: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Facebook told me so...

Anyone going?
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:24 pm

i want to. i'm broke though
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Will definitely be in attendance
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Every time I've been to Dickens for a show I doubt there has been more than 15 people out. Tell your friends, the sound is rad, and good bands are playing.
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 pm

I fucking hate bar shows, I just want to see LWL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:37 am

Bars suck. How much is this?
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Joel wrote:
Bars suck. How much is this?

It's $10 I think
Back to top Go down
thabossman

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:09 pm

gainingXground wrote:
I fucking hate bar shows, I just want to see LWL.

Amen, brotha

Why can't they just play a hall show or something ffs...the hall show they did with Greater than Giants last July was so much fun and had a good turn out too
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:25 pm

In all fairness the only differences between a hall show and shitty dickens are it's 18+ and they serve beer. It's not like you're walking into the roadhouse surrounded by shitty dudes and bar star sluts...just sayin
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:05 pm

ChrisW wrote:
In all fairness the only differences between a hall show and shitty dickens are it's 18+ and they serve beer. It's not like you're walking into the roadhouse surrounded by shitty dudes and bar star sluts...just sayin

The vibe is just really different.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:46 am

How was the show? i wanted to see This Is A Standoff so bad.
Back to top Go down
bubbledumb

bubbledumb

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:47 pm

OK, putting aside the AA vs. Bar vendetta, Dickens is one of my least favourite bars to see shows. Other then the sound guys, Mike and Ben (does Ben still do sound there?), there is nothing appealing about this bar. The staff are generally shitty (Dicken's is one of the two bars in town in which I have been called faggot for asking for a glass of water before I played), long waits for drinks, and its really hard to fill that place up. Which is why it's so confusing when decent bands get booked there.

Anyways, This Is A Stand Off killed it, even though the bar was filled with old, grumpy punks and some prick that used to work at Broken who got scary drunk and tried to kiss my friends all night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...   Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens... Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday November 12: This Is A Standoff w/ Living with Lions @ Dickens...
Page 1 of 1