Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?

Go down 
+9
millenialreign
Vango
the initiation
dereckb
Riddle
Marty
xBATTLESHIPx
gainingXground
ChrisW
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisW

ChrisW

Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blD-RFbBAKs&feature=player_embedded#!

Sure it was a reunion show, but still. Lots of people, big crowd, people losing their shit. It's not that often we have shows like that.
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 pm

For the most part I think shows here are pretty good.
And yea, this was a reunion show...I bet if born for battle or belvedere had a reunion show it would be just as crazy.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:02 pm

meh act fast's last show had plenty of inflatable beach toys
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Quality over quantity, some of my favorite shows have been in basements with 10 people..

With Honor is amazing though.
Back to top Go down
Riddle

Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 am

Yo guys needa see some winnipeg shows.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 am

yeah what marty said. smaller spaces=concentrated craziness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:38 pm

i dunno but im glad with honor arent from my city

i've been to plenty of wild shows in alberta
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 pm

dunno how many of you were there, but the pulling teeth show we did in 06 or 07, show was wild. high jinks + 50 tennis balls = good time. high jinks sets in general, pretty much every time i saw them they were awesome, whether in calgary or edmonton. last high jinks show in edmonton was one of the funnest sets i've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 pm

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
dunno how many of you were there, but the pulling teeth show we did in 06 or 07, show was wild. high jinks + 50 tennis balls = good time. high jinks sets in general, pretty much every time i saw them they were awesome, whether in calgary or edmonton. last high jinks show in edmonton was one of the funnest sets i've ever seen.
that pulling teeth show was fucking AWESOME
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:56 pm

i've travelled for a lot of shows, and some of the shows i've attended in alberta have been some of the funnest. fucked up, high jinks, secret fires, and in irons four years back or so was awesome. so awesome i broke my nose.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 pm

heck, I even remember with honor in edmonton 06 being better than that vid..
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Marty wrote:
Quality over quantity, some of my favorite shows have been in basements with 10 people..

offsides and no harm done comes to mind, that show was wicked.

Born for battle and daggermoth at jeffs was also insane.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:06 pm

xBATTLESHIPx wrote:
meh act fast's last show had plenty of inflatable beach toys
Back to top Go down
http://soundsofstatic.blogspot.com/
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 pm

pretty sure alberta has plenty of shows this good or better... might be why bands consider us to be one of the best places, if not the best place to play on a canadian tour
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Marty wrote:
heck, I even remember with honor in edmonton 06 being better than that vid..
This.

That was honestly one of my favourite shows ever. Not just because it was the first show I ever set up distro at, but just because With Honor fucking killed it and kids (including me) lost their shit. Bridges and Gaps ended with like 50 kids crushing Todd in a dogpile. Classic.

I know I'm one of the few remaining people willing to admit that I really really really liked With Honor. Even the last record (although the 7" and first LP were infinitely better).
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtruexrecords.com
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 am

i actually considered travlling for the reunion but it didnt work out. i loooooooooved this band through high school
Back to top Go down
Oneyestrengthens

Oneyestrengthens

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:21 pm

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
i've travelled for a lot of shows, and some of the shows i've attended in alberta have been some of the funnest. fucked up, high jinks, secret fires, and in irons four years back or so was awesome. so awesome i broke my nose.

Really fun show, Awesome vibes.... One of the high points of that summer for sure. Compared to a lot of places I have travelled too Shows in Alberta are generally a really good time and people are above and beyond hospitable and engaging.

I would play in Alberta all the time if the drive wasnt a soul crushing life destroyer.
Back to top Go down
S.S.R.

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:32 pm

first world problems.
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:14 am

someone turned on with honor at a party in my house last night and i was livid
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:31 am

With Honor is sweet, This is Our Revenge just sounds like Good Riddance.
Back to top Go down
Oneyestrengthens

Oneyestrengthens

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 pm

RATKING666 wrote:

Total buzz kill.
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Marty wrote:
With Honor is sweet, This is Our Revenge just sounds like Good Riddance Ignite.
/fixed
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 pm

i don't mind with honor
not an astounding band but i can tolerate it
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:53 pm

They're one of those bands where the recorded material doesn't even come close to replicating their live show.

I find that most people who saw them really liked 'em, while those who hadn't are just sort of "meh" about them.
Understandable.
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm

RATKING666 wrote:
glad i didn't notice that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?   Why can't Alberta shows be more like this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why can't Alberta shows be more like this?
Page 1 of 1