Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary

Go down 
+10
Sonki
a
dereckb
gainingXground
RATKING666
xBATTLESHIPx
the initiation
spiritmob
ChrisW
Lamb of Todd
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary Empty
PostSubject: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Very fucking excited for this. The new Ghost Inside album is great...
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 am

The boy inside the man
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 am

Oh Geeeez that sounds like a silly time
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm

i want to be inside the man
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:48 am

the ghost inside the man

Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Incredible show last night. Haven't had that much fun at a hardcore show since Have Heart. That was one of the best crowds I've witnessed since I moved here.
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:47 pm

never paying fifteen dollars for a show at the new black ever again
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:01 pm

xBATTLESHIPx wrote:

4 great bands for $15, for 3 hours of fun. I agree what a rip off Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:20 pm

uhhh, yeah.
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:00 pm

ChrisW wrote:
xBATTLESHIPx wrote:

4 great bands for $15, for 3 hours of fun. I agree what a rip off Rolling Eyes
hum well let's see, the show was originally ten bucks, then the promoter realized "oh shit the ghost inside is pretty big on mtv n all i should hike up the price last minute!", and even ten bucks for four bands is pushing it half the time anyways (there are obviously exceptions with touring bands etc.)
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:52 am

My friends wife took some videos with her camera and posted them on youtube from the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJe265BL8Yc
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 am

$15 was definitely rediculous, the flyer made by the new black said $10
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:17 pm

$15 for 2 touring bands when the promoter owns the venue sucks. i mean that comeback kid/madball/wilhel scream/living with lions show in september is only 20 and its at republik. 10 for $10 last year was a lot bigger bill than the ghost inside and it was $10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
a

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 pm

gainingXground wrote:
$15 was definitely rediculous, the flyer made by the new black said $10

dereckb wrote:
$15 for 2 touring bands when the promoter owns the venue sucks. i mean that comeback kid/madball/wilhel scream/living with lions show in september is only 20 and its at republik. 10 for $10 last year was a lot bigger bill than the ghost inside and it was $10.

I was going to say that $15 dollars for a show really isn't too bad, but if this is the case then I totally agree..was it not possible to refuse to pay $15 and only pay $10 since that's what was on the poster?
Back to top Go down
Sonki

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Shitty deal he changed the price.

Maybe thought about the sweet shit he could by with some extra cash when he saw tons of people show up. CALL them out on this shit guys. Why the fuck aren't we doing anything?
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Sonki wrote:
Shitty deal he changed the price.

Maybe thought about the sweet shit he could by with some extra cash when he saw tons of people show up. CALL them out on this shit guys. Why the fuck aren't we doing anything?

I think he changed it because The Ghost Inside wanted more money. Judging by their merch prices, they think they're hot shit nd deserve money.

35 bucks for a hoodie
20 for a shirt
25 for shorts

wtf.
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm

If people are pissed because it was advertised as $10, but more at the door, fair enough. But still $15 is not a lot of money, it costs that much to see a fucking movie these days!?! Where else can you spend that much money on a Saturday night and have that much fun?
Back to top Go down
Sonki

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 pm

ChrisW wrote:
If people are pissed because it was advertised as $10, but more at the door, fair enough. But still $15 is not a lot of money, it costs that much to see a fucking movie these days!?! Where else can you spend that much money on a Saturday night and have that much fun?

You can qualify your quality of night by the price of admission OR you can just fucking say 15 bucks is too steep. It's obvious that people didn't want to pay 15 bucks to see that show. YES they could have seen a movie - but they are not. They are wanting to see a show.

Seriously dude, you may have the cash but a lot of these kids don't. Outlandish to change the ticket price at the door
Back to top Go down
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:40 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Well, whenever I pay for shows (lol), I usually carry exact change to get in.
Some people aren't baller doggy dogs to carry excessive amounts of cash.
So in a sense, it's kind of a piss off to go through the hassle to get five fucking dollars.

Plus, if one brings $20 or whatever.
Chances are they still going to support the band by purchasing a record or shirt.
Goes to the same cause, as far as band support goes.
Back to top Go down
http://soundsofstatic.blogspot.com/
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 am

ChrisW wrote:
how about this. in 3 days i will be at this is hardcore in Philadelphia. it was a flat $70 for 3 days and over 40 bands. ALL of which are touring bands, and 3 of which are playing reunion shows and could easily charge $20 or $30 just on their own. hardcore is not about money. the ghost inside does not need any more money to get to the next city than any other band does. im not blaming the new black. they are nice dudes and have always been great when booking or playing there, and wouldnt have raised the price to make money. I mean fuck, frustration are from ireland and they didnt ask for anything but gas money for the next day. if you wanna be a rockstar play warped tour. if you wanna be a hardcore band dont charge $15 at the door and $20 for a shirt.
Back to top Go down
thabossman

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 pm

dereckb wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
how about this. in 3 days i will be at this is hardcore in Philadelphia. it was a flat $70 for 3 days and over 40 bands. ALL of which are touring bands, and 3 of which are playing reunion shows and could easily charge $20 or $30 just on their own. hardcore is not about money. the ghost inside does not need any more money to get to the next city than any other band does. im not blaming the new black. they are nice dudes and have always been great when booking or playing there, and wouldnt have raised the price to make money. I mean fuck, frustration are from ireland and they didnt ask for anything but gas money for the next day. if you wanna be a rockstar play warped tour. if you wanna be a hardcore band dont charge $15 at the door and $20 for a shirt.

bahahaha. ChrisW just got fucking told
Back to top Go down
ChrisW

ChrisW

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 pm

thabossman wrote:
dereckb wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

bahahaha. ChrisW just got fucking told

How did I "got told"? I said if you're upset that charged a higher price at the door than advertised that you have a right to be. My argument was ...its only 15 bucks?!?! Whatever. If you have a problem with the price don't go to the show, if the merch costs too much don't buy it, no one is forcing you to. I just think it's not a lot of money to see a band you enjoy at a cool venue, thats just my opinion it doesn't have to be yours.
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 am

ChrisW wrote:
How did I "got told"?
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 pm

he didnt get "told"
i didnt go to the show and didnt support the band and im explaining why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary   The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ghost Inside August 7th in Calgary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next