Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist

Go down 
+7
WillBjorndahl
nasirjones
xBATTLESHIPx
HassanPirbhai
LiamW.
NAZCA
Carrion
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carrion

Carrion

Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist Empty
PostSubject: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 pm

hey guys,
as said in the title, my band is looking for a vocalist and i figured this might be an alright spoot to make a thread.
our main influences are stuff like House vs Hurricane, MisSigs (like every metalcore band), the Carrier, Counterparts, Oceana (the first album. i know the fan base makes them gay but the leads are so ambient annd dope).

anyways, i play guitar and listen to alot heavier and hardcore-y-er stuff, but when it comes to writing, ambient metalcore stuff comes out.
we've also got 3 songs written that are close to ready to record with Taylor Gormly of FCF, and we're almost done a fourth for a setlist. our drummer is Bathing In Sanity's drummers little bro, and our other guitarest plays in Alkaline Countdown. you must have you own equipment, but that's really the only stipulation.
if you're interested, send an email my way. it would also be cool if you could send a clip if you want...
cuszacki@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:06 am

ill sing for you, im in bands such as syt, hamas, telfyr. all well acquainted metalcore bands, i do the deep breeez
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 pm

bjorndahl i'm guessing?
i doubt you're seriously interested in playin along side bat*boi
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 pm

yah dude, why not?
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Bat*boi, i will if you can send me clips of it and i'm not disappointed
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am

i'll take a vid of our next band practice on saturday.

come jam any time Will, you know how to reach me. and i think you used to play in a band with andy?
Back to top Go down
HassanPirbhai

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 am

elephant
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 am

omg it's hassan!
long time no talk. this is connor, that guy who rode along at that one show with tay...
Back to top Go down
xBATTLESHIPx

xBATTLESHIPx

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 pm

would be interested if it wasn't this kind of metalcore..
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:55 pm

which one of these people is bat*boi
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

andy urquidi?
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm

nasirjones wrote:
which one of these people is bat*boi

carrion
Back to top Go down
WillBjorndahl

WillBjorndahl

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm

misinformation lolz.
im not jamming metalcore if its not the illustrated. ever.
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 pm

WillBjorndahl wrote:
misinformation lolz.
im not jamming metalcore if its not the illustrated. ever.

even without a drummer?
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 pm

lubear69 wrote:
andy urquidi?

yes

and to the bjorndahl troll, good one.
Back to top Go down
yourwhiteidol

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 am

it sounds like you guyz sure like metalcore.
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:49 pm

eh
not really.
the other guys do but i just like to play it really. there are few metalcore bands that actually caatch my attention.
/minus the bear all day long today.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I like metalcore.
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:28 pm

i like all metalcore that isn;t cookie cutter. there's a few cookie cutters i do enjoy, but yeah.

Counterparts has not stopped playing on my ipod for the last two weeks until today.
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 am

i like cookie cutters, they shape my cookies into funny little shapes of things you couldn't usually eat.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:26 am

diarrheasupersoaker wrote:
i like cookie cutters, they shape my cookies into funny little shapes of things you couldn't usually eat.
christmas trees, stars, hearts etc?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:46 pm

i made biscuits with camel and hippo shaped cookie cutters recently.
Back to top Go down
ignorIT

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:41 pm

It's fine to like metalcore, why is everyone so uptight about admitting it. If your jammin metalcore you obvously like it, and coockie cutter runs in every form of grassroot or "alternative music". Personally I don't listen to it but when I hear and read kids that are beating around the bush on their interest in a style of music cause a bunch of other kids you don't hangout with or go to the same shows with hate it.

regardless...
Back to top Go down
Carrion

Carrion

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:17 pm

i agree with you.
but i actually personally have come to the conclusion, based purely on my own taste, that i don;t enjoy bands that are constantly just palm muting in between every note.
ie. miss may i and as i lay dying.
Back to top Go down
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 pm

dereckb wrote:
diarrheasupersoaker wrote:
christmas trees, stars, hearts etc?

YA!!! cept you can eat hearts...sometimes,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist   Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist Empty

Back to top Go down

Calgary Local Band Looking for a Vocalist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next