Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vinyl appreciation Thread

Go down 
+19
NAZCA
xTRUEx
storm of damnation
a
jameswwright
yourwhiteidol
gainingXground
LOCUST
the initiation
Marty
Vango
nasirjones
dereckb
RATKING666
Gord O)))
xBATTLESHIPx
spiritmob
Lamb of Todd
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
dereckb

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:25 am

yeah i have a usb turntable too. its alright. works totally fine as a turntable. sounds great. looking back i didnt need it and could have gotten a better turntable without USB capabilities. i had the same issue where ripping was just such a pain in my ass that it was hardly worth it. i DID have the high jinks 7" on a great digital rip like 2 days after it came out, but i also gave up completely on separating and naming tracks individually. but thats just me and doesnt really matter.

joel: what i would suggest is hitting cash converters with a couple hundred in your bank account. i got my fully digital technics reciever there 2 years old for like $90. mine happens to have a phono input anyways so it didnt matter, but you dont need phono specific inputs because your turntable has a built in preamp, which you are obviously using right now cause its plugged into your computer speakers. conceivably you could plug into a CD/cassette/tuner/whatever input no problem. so you should be able to pick up a decent reciever fairly cheap and most likely a cassette deck for next to nothing and you could probably even get speakers used for cheap, but i'd recommend buying speakers new. if you want im down to come help you buy shit when i get back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:35 pm

dereckb wrote:
joel: what i would suggest is hitting cash converters with a couple hundred in your bank account. i got my fully digital technics reciever there 2 years old for like $90. mine happens to have a phono input anyways so it didnt matter, but you dont need phono specific inputs because your turntable has a built in preamp, which you are obviously using right now cause its plugged into your computer speakers. conceivably you could plug into a CD/cassette/tuner/whatever input no problem. so you should be able to pick up a decent reciever fairly cheap and most likely a cassette deck for next to nothing and you could probably even get speakers used for cheap, but i'd recommend buying speakers new. if you want im down to come help you buy shit when i get back!
Thank you for this! When are you back? I'm planning on going today because I'm getting a shitload of awesome tapes from a dude in Seattle when I'm down in Washington for Rain Fest.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Joel wrote:
dereckb wrote:
Thank you for this! When are you back? I'm planning on going today because I'm getting a shitload of awesome tapes from a dude in Seattle when I'm down in Washington for Rain Fest.
im back on the 30th. i assume we'll be jamming pretty quick after i get back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:02 pm

dereckb wrote:
Joel wrote:
dereckb wrote:
im back on the 30th. i assume we'll be jamming pretty quick after i get back?
We're driving back on the 31st. So June 1st.
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 5:59 pm

where would you guys recommend looking for brand new speakers? i don't mind shelling out a bit more and i need to replace more or less my entire system but my speakers are 20+ years old, have been dropped, kicked, bashed with skateboards, had all kinds of shit spilled on 'em...
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:18 pm

RATKING666 wrote:
where would you guys recommend looking for brand new speakers? i don't mind shelling out a bit more and i need to replace more or less my entire system but my speakers are 20+ years old, have been dropped, kicked, bashed with skateboards, had all kinds of shit spilled on 'em...
if youre looking for something decent that youll have for a long fucking time there are almost too many options. the best is places that specialize in speakers like SoundSurround or visions or something. places like future shop or best buy might have some okay stuff but dealing with the staff is fucking painful cause most of the time they are just brodude university kids and if you mention vinyl their heads will explode. also most places will definitely try and sell you like a 6.1 surround setup. its hard to make them understand that you dont want a fucking home theatre system. i would say go hard on the internet and know what youre looking for, then hit the stores that know what theyre talking about.
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080012
Cursed I
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080013

Tragedy ST
Tragedy Vengeance
Tragedy Nerve Damage
Tragedy/Totalitar split
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080014

His Hero Is Gone- The Plot Sickens
His Hero Is Gone- Monuments To Thieves
His Hero Is Gone- 15 Counts of Arson
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_13Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_12

Thursday- Full Collapse (Tour Edition)
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Modern Life Is War - WitnessVinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_14
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_17Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_16Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Vinyl_15
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080017Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080016Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080015
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Black Record is Buried Inside- ChronoclastVinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080020Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080019Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080018
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 P4080021
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 am

who did those prints? jake bannon?
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:52 am

those aren't prints. it's the petioning/when forever reissue.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:10 am

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
those aren't prints. it's the petioning/when forever reissue.
oh fuckmy bad. i dont know that record and it looked like it was in the same photo as you fail me at a glance, but way bigger than the records.
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeah 2lp split for petitioning and when forever comes crashing. Then I did post No Heros gatefold AND you fail me. haha can't wait until my jane doe gets here
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Botch_10Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Botch_11Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Botch_12
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 pm

i have a 4 way split with botch on it, someone buy it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vinyl appreciation Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6