Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vinyl appreciation Thread

Go down 
+19
NAZCA
xTRUEx
storm of damnation
a
jameswwright
yourwhiteidol
gainingXground
LOCUST
the initiation
Marty
Vango
nasirjones
dereckb
RATKING666
Gord O)))
xBATTLESHIPx
spiritmob
Lamb of Todd
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm

thanks for the Tragedy links, haha now I just need somebody to do it with botch. You have no idea how hard of a time I had looking for Tragedy. Maybe I just havn't found the best distros yet.
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

spiritmob wrote:
so lets all go onto the deathwish online store order less then a 100 dollars in goods, take pictures of it when it arrives and make a thread about it. basically every tragedy record is super easy to get. except for the 7" and maybe the s/t if your slow or something. i was with storm of damnation when he bought the 7". so i don't know what "i doubt any of you have any tragedy records", is supposed to mean. any of us that actually regularly buy records probably have most of them. besides the s/t and 7" are the only ones worth listening to at all. "metro celebrity crust".

just a few things to kick start this a bit

Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 IMG_0021

l to r, top to bottom

(no boots, no fan clubs)

necros - tangled up
poison idea - darby crash rides again
poison idea - live in vienna
poison idea - picture disc
anti-pasti - six guns
lifes blood - defiance
no for answer - you laugh (rev # 6)
hands tied - s/t
nig heist - walking down the street
stay gold - nothing gold can stay (friends pressing)
hard stance - face reality
killing time - unavoidable
rotten sound - sick bastard
raw power - wop hour

I'm pretty new to collecting vinyl I started this thread to admire other peoples I just posted some of my cool ones. I also collect vinyl for the sole purpose of the artwork so original pressings aren't a real big deal to me. Your Pulling Teeth martyr imortal looks the exact same as mine. You do have some really rad shit though.
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 pm

okay and no it doesn't. i'll post a picture if anyone wants to buy it. otherwise i don't care.
Back to top Go down
a

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 pm

This thread inspired me to look up some pressing info for some of my records and I guess I own a few things that are kind of cool (or at least I think they are cool). I was going to take a picture but then the battery in my camera died so maybe i'll do that later..or maybe not.

Grave Maker - Bury Me at Sea (European tour pressing /50)
Run With the Hunted - Destroy All Calendars (First pressing - egg white with green screen print /239)
Make Do and Mend - Bodies of Water (First Pressing - black w/ blue screen print /252)

Gone But Not Forgotten - Seattle Crew Demo (white /200)
Keep it Clear - S/t (European pressing - clear orange /125)
Not Sorry - Moving On (white /100?)
Mindset - R E A L P O W E R (second pressing - clear /150)

yup.
Back to top Go down
storm of damnation

storm of damnation

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 pm

why are people posting shit thats still in press and/or still totally easy to find? mouthpiece and undertow comps? c'maaan man. someone post their face tomorrow 7", please. (then sell it to me)
ill post something soon as i find my camera
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

Location : Too much unity! Too much Unity! Too Much unity! Too much unity! Now you're all clones!

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Storm of Damnation wrote:
why are people posting shit thats still in press and/or still totally easy to find? mouthpiece and undertow comps? c'maaan man. someone post their face tomorrow 7", please. (then sell it to me)
ill post something soon as i find my camera

deal, i'll drop it with my next post. could also drop some old undertow records. my hye isn't exact. this thread is a major facepalm all around.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Nothings worse than vinyl pomposity..
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 am

record collectors are pretentious assholes deal with it
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:36 am

spiritmob wrote:
I am a pretentious asshole deal with it
Back to top Go down
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:27 am

Marty wrote:
spiritmob wrote:
I am a pretentious asshole deal with it

thats basically what i was saying. i don't know why you felt the need to do that.
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 am

This list is totally out of date, but it's a start:

http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/xTRUEx

I've gotten rid of a few of those, and acquired MANY MANY MANY more in the three years since I last updated that list.

Maybe I'll update later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtruexrecords.com
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Joel wrote:
vango wrote:
Joel wrote:
Me too.

Dereck, you should give me that Answer record.
You should give me your Histories test.
Haha the only thing I would trade it for is a Life Long Tragedy - Runaways test. Post an updated picture of your collection too.
I will once I get my other Vancouver Gold record from Skinny.

If you want to what's updated, look on my HYE.

http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=2023
Back to top Go down
http://soundsofstatic.blogspot.com/
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Just a question about 1st presses. Did most of you aquire these when they came out or did you pay extra to have them?
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:37 pm

spiritmob wrote:
so lets all go onto the deathwish online store order less then a 100 dollars in goods, take pictures of it when it arrives and make a thread about it. basically every tragedy record is super easy to get. except for the 7" and maybe the s/t if your slow or something. i was with storm of damnation when he bought the 7". so i don't know what "i doubt any of you have any tragedy records", is supposed to mean. any of us that actually regularly buy records probably have most of them. besides the s/t and 7" are the only ones worth listening to at all. "metro celebrity crust".

l to r, top to bottom

(no boots, no fan clubs)

necros - tangled up
anti-pasti - six guns
lifes blood - defiance
hands tied - s/t
raw power - wop hour

I also wasn't making assumptions about people having Tragedy records I just thought they were hard to find. Calling Tragedy "celebrity crust" is fucking hilarious. We are talking about a band that is not attached to a record label releases all their own material and doesn't even have a myspace, any celebrity they have would strictly have to do with how hard they worked and how great of a band they are. Not to mention half of that band came from "His Hero Is Gone" one of the greatest bands ever. This is a vinyl appreciation thread haha not a vinyl disappreciation thread lets keep it posi man. I really do like a bunch of your stuff but no reason to hate I don't think anyone has shown some vinyl that isn't rad in it's own way.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 am

Lamb of Todd wrote:
spiritmob wrote:

l to r, top to bottom

(no boots, no fan clubs)

necros - tangled up
anti-pasti - six guns
lifes blood - defiance
hands tied - s/t
raw power - wop hour

I also wasn't making assumptions about people having Tragedy records I just thought they were hard to find. Calling Tragedy "celebrity crust" is fucking hilarious. We are talking about a band that is not attached to a record label releases all their own material and doesn't even have a myspace, any celebrity they have would strictly have to do with how hard they worked and how great of a band they are. Not to mention half of that band came from "His Hero Is Gone" one of the greatest bands ever. This is a vinyl appreciation thread haha not a vinyl disappreciation thread lets keep it posi man. I really do like a bunch of your stuff but no reason to hate I don't think anyone has shown some vinyl that isn't rad in it's own way.

any record is cool. even most of my friends within the hardcore scene wouldnt give a single fuck about ANY of my records, but thats why they are MINE and not THEIRS. just the fact that we all own records that werent our dads (also cool, but not what im getting at) is unreal. 99% of the world looks at records and sees useless antiques. a band like nickelback will never put an album out on vinyl. its something that has come to belong to the underground music community and more specifically hardcore/punk. so really just the fact that we all obsess over the same thing that any normal person wouldnt give a fuck about is pretty cool to me. rare or special or new or old or whatever. records rule. this isnt really directed towards anyone and wasnt supposed to be a long post. whatever
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
spiritmob

spiritmob

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 am

Lamb of Todd wrote:
spiritmob wrote:

l to r, top to bottom

(no boots, no fan clubs)

necros - tangled up
anti-pasti - six guns
lifes blood - defiance
hands tied - s/t
raw power - wop hour

its not really that far off from the truth. in the crust and even hardcore world. tragedy are treated like gods or in a lot of cases celebrities. people really need to get off the dick. try going to one of their shows and disagree with me. i've never seen anywhere so packed in my entire life. thats why every project they are related to gets insta hype.
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

spiritmob wrote:
Lamb of Todd wrote:
spiritmob wrote:

l to r, top to bottom

(no boots, no fan clubs)

necros - tangled up
anti-pasti - six guns
lifes blood - defiance
hands tied - s/t
raw power - wop hour

its not really that far off from the truth. in the crust and even hardcore world. tragedy are treated like gods or in a lot of cases celebrities. people really need to get off the dick. try going to one of their shows and disagree with me. i've never seen anywhere so packed in my entire life. thats why every project they are related to gets insta hype.
yep, i like tragedy as much as the next guy and own several of their records but its true.
Back to top Go down
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 am

I see where Sneeze is coming from.
I do really like Tragedy, as much as HHIG.

I say both are pretty equal in my books.
Back to top Go down
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 am

Lamb of Todd wrote:
Just a question about 1st presses. Did most of you aquire these when they came out or did you pay extra to have them?

Was this directed at me?
Back to top Go down
Lamb of Todd

Lamb of Todd

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:53 pm

just asking in general
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:15 pm

depends how old the record is, i suppose...
Back to top Go down
Vango

Vango

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Some during the time period of the releases, some after.
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 am

uranus is better
Back to top Go down
RATKING666

RATKING666

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 am

i forgot to mention i have the double 7", thats pretty prized
Back to top Go down
Totenkopf

Totenkopf

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:55 am

No pics.

Every single INCANTATION record/cd/tape that has been pressed to date since 1990
and a ton fucking more, I'll post in a bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl appreciation Thread   Vinyl appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vinyl appreciation Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next