Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo

Go down 
+18
WillBjorndahl
the initiation
rocks4brocks
Sonki
Marty
thabossman
terminalfilth
xTRUEx
TimBjorndahl
NAZCA
nasirjones
AMANDAJOY
LiamW.
dereckb
neilgayass
millenialreign
bricks
gainingXground
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:16 am

It just sucks that some people think it's appropriate to spill pop on the floor on purpose, tell people they should ask for their money back because the show was $10, attempt to jump off very flimsy tables that are holding a soundboard that is a rental, try to punch photographers in the face, shove a photographer almost every chance they get...some kids just have shitty attitudes. Syt did play prettygood though I guess, I like their old stuff more so I was glad they played a bit of it at the end.

Edit: out of all of that, the thing that pisses me off the most is telling kids to request for their money back. When did it become a sin for a promoter to walk away from a show with $40 or $50 in their pocket? It only seems fair that they get a little bit of something for the work they put in to planning/putting on the show. It just really bums me out that a band (if that's what you want to call In Vacuo) would call out a promoter on something like that when they wouldn't even be playing the show if it wasn't for said promoter.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
bricks

bricks

Location : So many times we have waited on others to stand up for us and act on what we believe is so fucked and wrong with our generation. I know we are all so angry. I know I am so fucking angry

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:52 am

gainingXground wrote:
It just sucks that some people think it's appropriate to spill pop on the floor on purpose, tell people they should ask for their money back because the show was $10, attempt to jump off very flimsy tables that are holding a soundboard that is a rental, try to punch photographers in the face, shove a photographer almost every chance they get...some kids just have shitty attitudes. Syt did play prettygood though I guess, I like their old stuff more so I was glad they played a bit of it at the end.

10 bucks is a little steep when there isn't a touring band, I can dish it out because I work, but I remember being 14 and poor and wanting to see some bands and that extra few dollars would impact me. But a $10 show is better than no show.

Kids getting rowdy and jumping off tables/anything else is to be expected. If i rented equipment, and didn't want it fucked with at a punk rock show, I'd get someone to stand near it and push people away from it, not too complicated.

The photographer deserved to get punched (not serious), he had a fucking bluetooth headset in the whole time(lol!)

The only thing that bothered me was Dr. Pepper dude. Not funny. Get you're drank outta da pit bitch before i slip or get sugar in my eyes.

Oh wait, another thing that bothered me is every band member who didn't stay to watch other bands... fuck you all. Dick fucking move. It bothers me when a kid who came for one band and doesn't bother to give the others the time of day because they don't have enough mosh parts or because they aren't punk enough or whatever, but when you are in a band you should know what it's like to play for a hollow room and you should respectfully watch all the other bands.
I don't know why some people have such a fine line between what they tolerate and what they hate, although the music tonight was rather diverse it all stems from the same underground culture and scene and I just don't understand how someone can come in and watch the one band they think is 1337 and totally disrespect and ignore the others. Buncha ignorant fucks.
Back to top Go down
thabossman

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:05 am

AMANDAJOY wrote:
Sad to say this about my own show.
But it fucking SUCKED. Except for Runaways, Rancor & The Illustrated.

Thank god its the last Calgary show I'm ever putting on.

SUCKED FUCKING DICK.

What about the BATTLE! show in March? I was under the impression that you're the person promoting that show, or is that show no longer happening?

Edit: I also want to say how disappointing it was that Rancor didn't play Trapped under Bryce...even though their new shit totally rules
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 am

thabossman wrote:
AMANDAJOY wrote:

SUCKED FUCKING DICK.

What about the BATTLE! show in March? I thought you're the person promoting that show, or is that show no longer happening?
its still happening. as for the show, its a punk show people get rowdy its to be expected. Everything at this show was peanuts to shit that used to go down 5 or more years ago. You people need to loosen up and learn how to protect your shit instead of coming on here and bitching about it. If you dont want people jumping off your sound board then set it up out of the way. I dont know why i still get surprised about how much of a fucking whine show the calgary punk and hardcore scene has turned into. If you all want to sit down on the fucking floor and watch your bands, then go somewhere else and be fucking boring. 10 dollars granted is expensive but its the promoters discretion. As for the rest of you who think its a good idea to show up and disrespect the venue showing off how fucking punk you are, your shit stain attitude is the reason why we have limited venues willing to rent out. So keep on killing what ever it is that we have left you fucking losers
Back to top Go down
bricks

bricks

Location : So many times we have waited on others to stand up for us and act on what we believe is so fucked and wrong with our generation. I know we are all so angry. I know I am so fucking angry

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:20 am

respekk
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 am

thabossman wrote:
AMANDAJOY wrote:

SUCKED FUCKING DICK.

What about the BATTLE! show in March? I was under the impression that you're the person promoting that show, or is that show no longer happening?

Edit: I also want to say how disappointing it was that Rancor didn't play Trapped under Bryce...even though their new shit totally rules
myself and the other dudes in runaways talked to amanda tonight and if all goes well, we'll be taking over the show for her. we want it to happen cause battle and hercules both rule, and not enoguht shows are happening. if everything goes well maybe we can start making it a regular thing, cause once amanda leaves i dont know who else is gonna put on shows..

as for the rest of the stuff said in this thread i agree with most of it. shitty fuckign attitudes are the reason tonights barely resectable attendance is the best we've seen in probably 5 or 6 months, outside that have heart show. no one cares how fucking punk rock you are. as for stuff getting broken, it sucks, but it happens. always has, always will. and nothing actually got broken tonight which is cool.

personally i am of the mindset that band members for any band playing a show should be there for the whole show, start to finish. obviously situations may arise where someone has to leave and thats cool obviously. but its a shitty feeling when even the people in other bands dont even give enough of a fuck to stick around. i wasnt paying attention tonight i guess so i dont know who left after they played, but i dont really care. not everyone feels this way about it and thats fine. if someones got shit to do thats fine by me.

also thanks to anyone that came out for our second show. it was kinda shaky. we were nervous. whatever. hope you liked it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:08 am

amanda was not the only promoter around
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 am

I don't even know what band left, I stayed until the end and I think the rest of runaways did too, i saw all of The Illustrated at the end, syt obviously stayed because they played last, I know sonki had to leave but I understand that was because he had something important to go do, I think at least 3 of the people in rancor stayed.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Derek try to get the show to be in the albert hall basement..
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:27 pm

marty mar wrote:
Derek try to get the show to be in the albert hall basement..
i was thinking about it. i cant remember at all how big or wht it looks like down there though.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:59 pm

It's small, which is good..
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

uh i had fun.
ALSO, i have no complaints, im no rockstar, i like to play punk music, we all had fun playing this show just like we would have played any other show, sure I mean community halls are a bit spacey and the atmosphere last night was a little dull, but i can honestly say that we had a good time. thanks amanda for letting us play the show, I don't know what we did to piss you off but I don't really care.
WE loved It!!!!

ps 10 bucks is steep lol!
Back to top Go down
bricks

bricks

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:48 pm

respekk. really fun.
Which xFilesx/Left for dead songs did you guys cover?
Back to top Go down
bricks

bricks

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:54 pm

and yo SYT needs more recordings so I can learn all the words
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:56 pm

w0rd.

Fuck Em and Who Do You Know
Back to top Go down
bricks

bricks

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:10 pm

lubear69 wrote:
w0rd.

Fuck Em and Who Do You Know

fuck, now I know that my iTunes is missing 3 tracks off of excruciation... that's why i don't recognizzze.
shitty.
Back to top Go down
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Hold up now... what band is doing xFILESx covers?
Will you marry me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtruexrecords.com
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 pm

i thought sonki's set was fucking hilarious, and what he said about the money ruled.

it's just his opinion though.
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:37 pm

nasirjones wrote:
i thought sonki's set was fucking hilarious, and what he said about the money ruled.

it's just his opinion though.
he had it pretty on point, and his set is pretty cool, i like that kinda stuff
Back to top Go down
neilgayass

neilgayass

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

I had fun playing and hanging out
yeah the price was a tad steep for an all local show but I cant really do anything about it but use it for future thoughts if I ever promote stuff
touching on what dannyabboud was saying I always try and watch a bit if not all of every band I play with ever even if its a band we have played with a billion times or whatever its just a respect thing. and who knows you might like something different like the illustrated. that band shreds for what they do.

my .02$
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:40 pm

Syt is really good. And the xfilesx cover was great. I'm bummed I was in such a weird mood all night and couldn't enjoy it more but that's fine.

As for sonki's set, it's not my thing and that's fine. And what he said about the money is his own opinion and that's fine. BUT I do think it's 100% wrong to call ou a promoter at their own show no matter how you feel about them personally or otherwise. It shows zero class. Take it to a private conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sonki

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:55 pm

AMANDAJOY wrote:

SUCKED FUCKING DICK.

Sorry to disappoint? I worked very hard on my set...and I know SYT did as well.

I really wish this show wouldn't stray you from putting on more shows as I've heard that attendance has been pretty good and people are enjoying it.

If you took offense to anything I've said...than I am sorry. I never tried to make it personal. Only try to re-instate my personal beliefs on an the all-ages music scene. What I said wasn't very harsh... and if I remember correctly I said something along the lines of:

" If you don't ask for some money back...you're a sucker. But if you're a sucker... I still love you "

The video/music remix I made was to hopefully inspire, excite, and motivate people. I think I had succeeded in some ways due to the enormous amount of discussion. Really wish you were paying enough attention.

gainingXground wrote:

Edit: out of all of that, the thing that pisses me off the most is telling kids to request for their money back. When did it become a sin for a promoter to walk away from a show with $40 or $50 in their pocket? It only seems fair that they get a little bit of something for the work they put in to planning/putting on the show. It just really bums me out that a band (if that's what you want to call In Vacuo) would call out a promoter on something like that when they wouldn't even be playing the show if it wasn't for said promoter.

I wasn't telling them to ask for all of there money back. I felt that if people were tight on money... It is NOT unreasonable to ask for some money back. That's what I wanted kids to do...as it is fair.

It is not a sin for a promoter to walk away with money, but having discussions with Amanda prior to the show... making money was what she seemed to care most about. I'm not even trying to slander her, as that is the attitude she even showcases about her "promotion company" in this thread and forum. She really hasn't even told us why our sets were bad.

dereckb wrote:

myself and the other dudes in runaways talked to amanda tonight and if all goes well, we'll be taking over the show for her. we want it to happen cause battle and hercules both rule, and not enoguht shows are happening. if everything goes well maybe we can start making it a regular thing, cause once amanda leaves i dont know who else is gonna put on shows..

as for the rest of the stuff said in this thread i agree with most of it. shitty fuckign attitudes are the reason tonights barely resectable attendance is the best we've seen in probably 5 or 6 months, outside that have heart show. no one cares how fucking punk rock you are. as for stuff getting broken, it sucks, but it happens. always has, always will. and nothing actually got broken tonight which is cool.

A lot of shows are happening and lots of kids are coming out. Donation only shows in the last 6 months have paid off touring bands and have been capacity filling.

Having said all of this... I wish love for the music would stand tall. A lot of people don't fake the funk... nor do they prude the 'tude. People are honest. SYT is honest... I was being Honest. All the bands playing were honest. Some people may come into the show come off as elitist pricks. But punk rock is so important to people... and to quote Iggy Pop "it's a term that's based on contempt, it's a term that's based on fashion, style, elitism, satanism and everything that's rotten about rock'n'roll...And that music is so powerful that it's quite beyond my control and when I'm in the grips of it I don't feel pleasure and I don't feel pain"

I really wish that Amanda could have seen my efforts rather than throw it away because of taking an issue too personally. And if this is still the case... I will go for coffee with her and talk...and give her a hug.
Back to top Go down
Sonki

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 pm

dereckb wrote:
Syt is really good. And the xfilesx cover was great. I'm bummed I was in such a weird mood all night and couldn't enjoy it more but that's fine.

As for sonki's set, it's not my thing and that's fine. And what he said about the money is his own opinion and that's fine. BUT I do think it's 100% wrong to call ou a promoter at their own show no matter how you feel about them personally or otherwise. It shows zero class. Take it to a private conversation.

It's not wrong to do what you believe in. I think you also missed the point. Derek, you seem to be very into the social-politics of the scene...rather than the efforts that many people are making. Saying something about a show as you are playing the show seems to be the only EFFECTIVE time to say something.

Either way, all this bickering will lead to more bickering... And I get tired of it. If you see me in person, we can talk then.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:02 am

Sonki wrote:
dereckb wrote:

It's not wrong to do what you believe in. I think you also missed the point. Derek, you seem to be very into the social-politics of the scene...rather than the efforts that many people are making. Saying something about a show as you are playing the show seems to be the only EFFECTIVE time to say something.

Either way, all this bickering will lead to more bickering... And I get tired of it. If you see me in person, we can talk then.
haha to be honest i realized it was a dumb statement and tried to cancel sending that but it was from my phone and didnt work. anyways, like i said man i fully understand that you were just doing what you believed you should have, and thats fine. i dindt take offense to it. im just saying personally i would have done it a little differently. you dont really seem like the kind of dude to just go after people, so im sure you didnt intend it that way. either way, i suppose it got people talking about things so maybe its not such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 am

ALSO, for the record, we are planning on doing our best to make the BATTLE! show a $5 show. but its kind of up in the air due to tour guarantees and stuff. but hopefully $5 at the door with a donation jar directly to the touring bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next