Alberta Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alberta Hardcore

Discuss anything and everything to do with Alberta Hardcore

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo

Go down 
+18
WillBjorndahl
the initiation
rocks4brocks
Sonki
Marty
thabossman
terminalfilth
xTRUEx
TimBjorndahl
NAZCA
nasirjones
AMANDAJOY
LiamW.
dereckb
neilgayass
millenialreign
bricks
gainingXground
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rocks4brocks

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:09 am

big ups to mel/amanda and other people promoting, like any and all promoters, regardless of door prices people putting a lot of work into something that give's little return is pretty rad and i don't want anyone to think it go's unappreciated cause it is what keeps local music going.
everyone who cares to should come to the next illustrated show on the 9th of feb @ verns cause half our band was sick with lung infections and other shit and that needs to be redeemed.
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 am

c.colohan said it right
SICK OF YOUR ATTITUDE, SICK OF YOU
YOUR SOCIAL CLUBS, YOUR FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH

as far as i could tell, will was drinking pop and someone hit the bottle and it sprayed. i don't think he meant to just spill pop everywhere. either way, it was pretty funny, and i don't know why people are so upset over it... no need to cry over spilled milk.

i've been involved in putting on shows for over four years in this city, and personally i've never seen it as an investment opportunity or chance to make some easy cash. i've put my heart into countless shows, worked my ass off, just to put on awesome shows and get bands to play here that people in this city would never normally get the chance to see. i've risked large amounts of cash, lost a lot, and sometimes made a few bucks to put towards further shows. i don't see it as something that should be capitalized upon, but obviously some people see it differently.

i miss the days when people actually gave a shit, and when shows were actually about the music.

and yeah, i'm a crust faggot.

FUCK YOUR POPULARITY CONTEST, I'D RATHER SEE A MURDER CONTEST
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 am

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
c.colohan said it right
SICK OF YOUR ATTITUDE, SICK OF YOU
YOUR SOCIAL CLUBS, YOUR FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH

as far as i could tell, will was drinking pop and someone hit the bottle and it sprayed. i don't think he meant to just spill pop everywhere. either way, it was pretty funny, and i don't know why people are so upset over it... no need to cry over spilled milk.

i've been involved in putting on shows for over four years in this city, and personally i've never seen it as an investment opportunity or chance to make some easy cash. i've put my heart into countless shows, worked my ass off, just to put on awesome shows and get bands to play here that people in this city would never normally get the chance to see. i've risked large amounts of cash, lost a lot, and sometimes made a few bucks to put towards further shows. i don't see it as something that should be capitalized upon, but obviously some people see it differently.

i miss the days when people actually gave a shit, and when shows were actually about the music.

and yeah, i'm a crust faggot.

FUCK YOUR POPULARITY CONTEST, I'D RATHER SEE A MURDER CONTEST
agreed.
there are a couple of people who deserve recognition for contributions to this hardcore and punk scene. People who put more work into promoting this music scene than certain promoters have displayed in the past year or two.
Back to top Go down
neilgayass

neilgayass

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 am

at least this show got people talking about things they do/don't like which is a good thing
Back to top Go down
millenialreign

millenialreign

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 am

neilgayass wrote:
at least this show got people talking about things they do/don't like which is a good thing
couples therapy
Back to top Go down
neilgayass

neilgayass

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 am

dancehardordie wrote:
neilgayass wrote:
couples therapy

yes dear god fuck electrical I found a new line of work
convincing stupid yuppies to stay married for money
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 am

neilgayass wrote:
dancehardordie wrote:
neilgayass wrote:
couples therapy

yes dear god fuck electrical I found a new line of work
convincing stupid yuppies to stay married for money
i would pay you to council me neil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 am

i was too busy actin' a foo' to really notice... so i'd like to know, what exactly was the problem or disrespect towards the sound equipment during syt? at one point i saw someone fall into the p.a., but a couple people caught it, and everything was fine. what happened with the soundboard or whateveR?
Back to top Go down
dereckb

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:53 am

WINDOFPAIN wrote:
i was too busy actin' a foo' to really notice... so i'd like to know, what exactly was the problem or disrespect towards the sound equipment during syt? at one point i saw someone fall into the p.a., but a couple people caught it, and everything was fine. what happened with the soundboard or whateveR?
i know someone jumped off the table it was on but i have noo idea if thats what everyones talking about
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dereckburns
xTRUEx

xTRUEx

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Sonki wrote:

I wasn't telling them to ask for all of there money back. I felt that if people were tight on money... It is NOT unreasonable to ask for some money back. That's what I wanted kids to do...as it is fair.
Please note the following comments are from general impressions only, as I was not at this particular show.

I've put on a zillion shows over the last 18 years, both in Calgary and Edmonton and never once have I turned anyone away for lack of money.
HOWEVER...
I would like to point out that the time to haggle is when you're initially coming in the door. Something along the lines of "money's really tight... can I just give you four bucks?" or something to that effect. That's totally acceptable. I'd feel kinda shitty if someone asked for some of their money back after they had already paid. If it was a super shitty show or whatever and they really didn't want to be there, I'd refund the WHOLE cover, not just part of it... but if someone had managed to scrounge up the full amount and enjoyed being there, I think it's money well spent.

...Again, to reiterate...

If people think a show's too expensive, mention it AT THE DOOR, not once you're already in.

All <3 <3 <3 in the world to Sonki.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtruexrecords.com
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 pm

i'd also like to ask, and this is directed straight towards AMANDA and anyone else who thought there was a problem with how people reacted during SYT's set:

how come it's okay for some mongoloid to be kicking people in the head and punching people standing on the side during a moshy hardcore band, but when the "punk" band plays and kids go off, it's a problem?
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm

and did the professional photographer take photos of syt? or was there a no fag policy?
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 pm

He took a few pictures of syt, I'm not sure how many.

And it's not that punk kids having fun is a problem in any way, it's not. Shows would be much less fun if people didn't go off for bands they like. It would have just been sweet if they were a little more mindful of the PA system yknow? It's my understanding that Mothers Music took the pa system back without any fuss even though one of the stands was bent pretty bad, which is good.
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm

It's fine. I don't care what sub genre you are, equipment gets broke at shows. We'll try our best to avoid it, but it'll happen when ppl are going off.
Also intentional head hunting sucks no matter what type of band is playing..
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:31 am

After watching the videos, I think this show was super fun, thanks to all that came out, and to all that stayed too, and thanks to amanda for letting us headline such an odd bill (still don't know why you think we suck) but yah good times were had.
anyone else wanna say something

ps we are barely a crust band.
pps jk we are
Back to top Go down
gainingXground
Admin
gainingXground

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:33 pm

There is videos of the show?
Back to top Go down
https://albertahardcore.forumotion.net
LiamW.

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 pm

i think we need to bring in r.kelly to speak in between bands that way we could just get all our personal beefs with everyone out in between sets and physically get it our during. real talk
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Back to top Go down
WillBjorndahl

WillBjorndahl

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:36 pm

WINDOFPAIN wrote:

Yes. Its not like I purposely spilled pop everywhere, just got knocked around while trying to enjoy my beverage/have a good time.
Sonki's set was the highlight of the night for me. I was super into it and enjoyed it thoroughly.
TONS of work had to go into that with the video and everything, I know I appreciated it a lot.
Rancor is cool, a lot tighter than they used to be, good work boys, didn't catch your full set but shit happens and there will be a next time.

xTRUEx wrote:
Hold up now... what band is doing xFILESx covers?
Will you marry me?

Swallow Your Tongue does. We could probably cover all of Excruciation for your Halloween show, but thats tentative Wink

Also SYT's set can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJULzq6XziM
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm

WillBjorndahl wrote:
WINDOFPAIN wrote:

Yes. Its not like I purposely spilled pop everywhere, just got knocked around while trying to enjoy my beverage/have a good time.
Sonki's set was the highlight of the night for me. I was super into it and enjoyed it thoroughly.
TONS of work had to go into that with the video and everything, I know I appreciated it a lot.
Rancor is cool, a lot tighter than they used to be, good work boys, didn't catch your full set but shit happens and there will be a next time.

xTRUEx wrote:
Will you marry me?

Swallow Your Tongue does. We could probably cover all of Excruciation for your Halloween show, but thats tentative Wink

just trying to enjoy your beverage in the middle of the pit. face it dude. you were being stupid. you don't bring a 2 litre bottle of Dr Pepper into the middle of the pit and try to drink it without spilling.
Back to top Go down
WillBjorndahl

WillBjorndahl

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm

boohoo right?
Back to top Go down
NAZCA

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 am

I've chugged a 2 litre of dr pepper at a rancor show before got knocked around spilt everywhere on me and people, no one complained, but now all of sudden everyone's crying
Back to top Go down
the initiation

the initiation

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 am

nasirjones wrote:
WillBjorndahl wrote:
WINDOFPAIN wrote:

xTRUEx wrote:
Will you marry me?

just trying to enjoy your beverage in the middle of the pit. face it dude. you were being stupid. you don't bring a 2 litre bottle of Dr Pepper into the middle of the pit and try to drink it without spilling.

he was standing two feet from the side of the pit and someone hit the bottom of the bottle and it fizzed up. most of it went in his face. he cleaned it up. cry some more.
Back to top Go down
Sonki

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:42 am

The 2L Dr. P is now a vet Cal Loc Music Scene move in da pit. I've seen it done before...and it will continue happening. But seriously...purposely done or not.... sticky ground? mopping floor? no big deal.
Back to top Go down
nasirjones

nasirjones

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 pm

k cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo   CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CALGARY - Jan 30th, Swallow Your Tounge, Rancor, The Illustrated, Runaways, In Vacuo
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next